Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Performs major and minor repairs on heavy equipment including Cat, Euclid, and Ingersoll, and over the road equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs most types of repairs on heavy equipment major components such as engines,
torque converters, transmissions, braking systems, steering systems, and
- Performs most types of repairs on heavy equipment minor components such as electrical systems, instrumentation, cylinders, and suspensions.
- Troubleshoots performance problems with major and minor vehicle systems.
- Repairs over-the-road equipment such as trucks and trailers.
- Makes repairs using welding skills.
- Repairs light truck and automotive equipment.
- Requires minimal guidance and supervision.
- Travels to remote job locations to perform repairs as needed.
- Works overtime as assigned.
Entry Requirements (C Level)
- Minimum of five years of experience repairing and maintaining Caterpillar, Komatsu or similar heavy equipment such as haul units, dozers and front end loaders. Seven years preferred.
- Experience in the following;
- Adjustment of shiftmatic torque dividers and transmissions
- Adjustment and rebuilding of 769 suspension cylinders
- Troubleshooting and adjusting D343, 3406, and 3408 engines
- Overhauling Caterpillar multi disc brake systems
- Overhauling final drives and differentials on haul trucks, wheel loaders, and
track type tractors
- Troubleshooting and adjusting main and pilot hydraulic systems
on haul trucks and wheel loaders
- Use of computer diagnostic equipment to assess repair problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and performance problems.
- Good welding skills.
- Ability to perform physical activities involving lifting items such as pumps, cylinder rods, engine components, and equipment parts.
- Ability to climb on equipment such as 988B Cat loaders, 769 Cat haul trucks, and other types of vehicles.
- Ability to complete repair orders, purchase requests, and reports.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment and other types of vehicles.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as assigned.
Physical: Works in and around the vehicle maintenance shops and in the field, often exposed to all weather conditions. Exerts physical effort in bending, stooping, lifting, and climbing around equipment.
Austin White Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran
Job Type: Full-time