McNeil Lime Plant Location
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of stationary equipment at chemical lime processing plant. Performs mechanical and welding maintenance and repairs on stationary equipment such as conveyor systems, elevators and crushers, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Lubricates machines and equipment. Performs basic electrical repairs.
The following is a list of typical duties but is not an all-inclusive list.
1. Trouble-shoots malfunctions and mechanical failures of stationary plant equipment.
2. Performs mechanical repairs on conveyor systems, screens, crushers, and other related equipment to include coupling alignments, setting/aligning of gears, replacement of bearings, checking clearances, replacement of various mechanical components, etc.
3. Performs welding repairs as needed.
4. Performs basic pneumatic and hydraulic system repairs.
5. Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
6. Operates forklift, crane, dump truck, or other heavy equipment to facilitate repairs to stationary equipment
7. Lubricate machines and equipment; performs preventive maintenance checks on equipment.
8. Completes inspection forms.
9. Performs call outs after hours and on weekends.
10. Maintains and cleans work areas.
11. Performs all duties safely, taking all reasonable precautions to prevent personal injuries and property damage.
12. Complies with the Employee Handbook policies and all Company Safety guidelines.
13. Works co-operatively in a team with co-workers to continuously improve departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
14. Participates in job and safety training as scheduled by the company.
15. Displays an attitude of helpfulness and co-operation to all contacts inside and outside the Company.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience as an industrial millwright; must have full working knowledge of millwright and mechanic trades including proper tool usage, lubrication, drive components, v-belt drives, chain drives, speed reducers, bearings, pumps, piping systems.
2. Strong troubleshooting techniques and skills.
3. Welding skills should include carbon TIG, MIG, heliarc, and pipe fabricating and repair.
4 Understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics. Basic understanding of industrial electrical repairs.
5. Ability to perform plant equipment lubrication, and inspections to identify specific maintenance needs.
6. Ability to read and examine blueprints, engineering drawings, and process and instrument diagrams.
7. Ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Department requirements.
8. Full knowledge of safe work procedures particularly energy isolation, lockout/tagout, confined space entry.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, utilize computers to acquire parts.
10. Ability to effectively direct work of a Helper when assigned as well as work with others in a cooperative manner
11. Ability to utilize maintenance management system/work order system.
12. Exerts physical effort in lifting, carrying, bending and stooping on a continuous basis; to climb, maintain balance and work at heights; to see and hear clearly; and to work outdoors.
13. May be required to lift 50 pounds or more.
14. Ability and demonstrated willingness to respond to and handle call outs, and to work all assigned overtime; must have reliable means of contact.
15. Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
16. Ability to learn to operate backhoe, dump truck and crane.
17. Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
18. Preferred certifications: AWS, NCCER Millwright
Usually works outside; often works at heights; is usually exposed to noise, heat cold, dust and all weather
REQUIRED WORDING FOR RECRUITMENT ADS
Austin White Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran