Austin White Lime Company
Job title- Diesel Mechanic Trainee
Department - Vehicle Maintenance
Reports to- Vehicle Maintenance Superintendent
Works closely with qualified Diesel Mechanic(s) to gain the skill and knowledge to complete repairs on diesel powered mobile equipment; makes basic repairs under supervision.
- Works closely with qualified Diesel Mechanic(s) to gain the skill and knowledge to complete repairs on diesel powered mobile equipment.
- Makes basic repairs to diesel-powered equipment under supervision.
- Performs light repairs on over-the-road equipment such as trucks and trailers.
- Performs light repairs on heavy construction and mining equipment.
- Completes repair orders, purchase requests, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- certification(s)/diploma in maintenance of diesel powered engines from a training institute acceptable to Austin White Lime Management.
- Two years of experience maintaining and/or repairing mobile equipment preferred.
- Ability to perform physical activities involving lifting items such as engine and driveline components, wheels and tires, and other vehicle components and parts.
- Ability to climb on vehicles.
- Must provide personal tools for basic diesel repairs or acquire them.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Must have ability to complete electronic repair orders, purchase requests, and reports.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and an acceptable driving record preferred. CDL is a plus.
- Must be able to exhibit a positive customer-service attitude toward a variety of personnel including operators, drivers, and other mechanics.
Works in and around the vehicle maintenance shops and in the field often exposed to all weather conditions including dust. Exerts physical effort in bending, stooping, walking, lifting, and climbing around equipment.
Austin White Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran